On Saturday 22nd April 2017 join with other Brisbane Library and Information Professionals, and their family and friends to support the advancement of science at the Brisbane March for Science.
The March for Science is a global event, celebrating the public discovery, distribution, and understanding of scientific knowledge as crucial to the freedom, success, health, and safety of life on this planet. It is a nonpartisan group, marching to demand action in the following areas: Universal Literacy, Open Communication, Informed Policy, and Stable Investment.
When: 10:30am – 2:00pm, Saturday 22nd April
Where: Reddacliff Place, 266 George Street, Brisbane City
- 10:30am – 11:00am Initial ALIA Queensland MeetUp at The Coffee Club’ Brisbane Square (for a warm beverage)
- 11:00am – 11:10am Group photo opportunity outside the BCC Brisbane Square Library entrance
- 11.30am The march will depart Reddacliff Place and proceed along George Street footpaths to the Speakers Corner outside Parliament House near QUT Gardens Point.
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm Continue to enjoy the March celebrations and activities being held at Parliament House and the Botanic Gardens where there will be speeches and activities, and a picnic lunch.
- Register on Eventbrite and invite your friends!
- Like and share the Facebook page and posts
- Follow @SciencemarchBNE on Twitter and retweet updates
- Make a banner to display at the march – check the Facebook page for examples!
- Buy an official Brisbane march t-shirt (but do this soon to make sure it arrives in time)
- Donate to the crowdfunding campaign – even small amounts help!
- Download, print and display our promotional poster in your workplace or local cafe
- Volunteer to help on the day, contact firstname.lastname@example.org